Founded as a non-profit organization by Yogi Bhajan, the long-term mission of the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology is to bring the techniques of Kundalini Yoga as a treatment modality into the health care field, just as other methods—such as acupuncture and chiropractic services—have been integrated in the recent past. Read more »
The Elements and Alchemy of Kundalini Yoga
April 18 - April 23, 2018
Espanola, New Mexico
International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training
Segment 3 of 14
Open to all Kundalini Yoga Teachers
Discover, explore and experience how each unique element of Kundalini Yoga and meditation practice works and how these elements together form an alchemy of transformation.
- Mantra and movement as the basis of health recovery
- The role and application of Kundalini Yoga technologies: drishti, mudra, bhanda, pranayama, mantra, asana, kriya, meditation and bhavana.
- How each of these technologies impact the five main prana vayus, the nadis, chakras, tattwas, gunas, and each the 10 bodies.
- Meridians and fascia and their function in asana and kriya.
- Asana, bhanda, mudra, drishti, mantra, pranayam and kriya in relationship to meridian flow and function.
- The synergistic effects of Kundalini Yoga and meditation technologies and their application to health recovery.
- The impact of thought and belief on health recovery including hope, development of habits and penetrating the influence of karmas and samskaras
Learn more about this course, and register >
Online Research Segments of the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training
Open to all Kundalini Yoga Teachers, Yoga Therapists and Health Professionals
February 26, March 5, 12, 19
Online – Exploring Evidence-Based Yoga Research
March 7, 14, 21, 28
Online – How Yoga Works: The Scientific Foundations
July 18 & 25
Online – How to Do Case Study Research
Have you ever wanted to look at the medical literature on yoga therapy but weren’t sure where to start or how to evaluate these studies?
In Exploring Evidence-Based Yoga Research you will discover how to:
- Find research studies on yoga therapy in PubMed using the best research strategies
- Lean how to evaluate the quality of research
- Identify evidence-based approaches to apply to your yoga therapy practice
In How Yoga Works: The Scientific Foundations, you will:
- Learn to speak authoritatively on research when bringing yoga therapy or yoga programs into institutions
- Increase your confidence in discussing research on how yoga is beneficial for a wide variety of health conditions
- Become more effective in your teaching and outreach by understanding yoga research
In How to Do Case Study Research, you will:
- Develop skills for planning a case study
- Learn how to gather data from your clients/students for preparing a case study
- Understand how to write a case study
Online Research Segments are open to all Kundalini Yoga Therapists in training and Kundalini Yoga teachers. Those Kundalini Yoga teachers who are in the integrative healing arts find this training especially useful.
Yoga Therapy & Integrative Medicine: Where Ancient Science Meets Modern Medicine
By Larry Payne Ph.D., Terra Gold M.A.LAc., and Eden Goldman D.C.
Yoga Therapy & Integrative Medicine brings together some of the world's leading health professionals, researchers, and renowned yoga therapists to share clinical experiences, effective uses of yoga therapies, and knowledge to help redo how we can integrate and use yoga therapy as an essential modality within healthcare. I recommend this book wholeheartedly."
~ Dean Ornish, M.D., Founder & President, Preventive Medicine Research Institute
"This is the first scientifically backed book on integrating yoga therapy with conventional medicine. Exceptionally written by authorities in both fields and beautifully illustrated. Highly recommended for anyone interested in the future of yoga therapy and the future of medicine."
~ Dilip Sarkar, M.D., F.A.C.S., C.A.P., President, International Association of Yoga Therapists
Purchase on Amazon >
The Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care
By Sat Bir Singh, Lorenzo Cohen, Timothy McCall & Shirley Telles
The Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care is a professional-level textbook with contributions by multiple expert researchers and therapists in the field. This book brings together the science and the practice of yoga therapy supports the emergence of yoga therapy as a credible profession comprehensively summarizes research findings and their practical implications for professionals who use yoga or refer patients for yoga practice includes chapter contributions by leading biomedical researchers of yoga reviews the scientific evidence base for yoga for a wide variety of medical conditions.
Puchase on Amazon >
The Yogic Pathway to Perfect Health
Creating the Conditions that Cause Health and Vitality To Emerge Within You
Taught by Jai Dev Singh
The complete course of Ayurveda is an eight-module course that will give you a profound understanding of the Ayurvedic system and enable you to utilize its powerful healing tools. Learn the art of applying Ayurveda to your life in a simple, intelligent and comprehensive fashion, so that you begin to generate greater vitality, clarity and brightness. As you gain the understanding of your own unique body/mind constitution, you will gain the knowledge and power to maintain long term health throughout your life.
For more information and to register >
International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training
Introducing the 1,000 hour International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training. These courses are open to Kundalini Yoga Therapists in training and Kundalini Yoga teachers. Those Kundalini Yoga teachers who are in the integrative healing arts will find these courses especially useful.
Click here to view the brochure for course
descriptions and teacher bios
Full enrollment in the International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training includes an integrated sequence of 14 in person and 7 online segments, clinical supervision and personal development practice. The International Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training is accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Yoga Therapy is an emerging field and a new career option. For more information, visit the Kundalini Yoga Therapy Training page, or go to the courses page to find when and where these segments are being offered. You may also contact us via email or call (505) 753-4692.
Sat Nam Everyone. We deeply appreciate your contribution to Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology and would like to thank you by sharing some wonderful meditations with you provided by Jai-Jagdeesh. The meditations themselves are our gift to you, and we can't wait for you to try them.
Listen to the mantras on Jai-Jagdeesh's Miracles Abound album here >
Download your free meditations ebook here >