- Shanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, C-IAYT, Executive DirectorShanti Shanti Kaur Khalsa, PhD, C-IAYT, YACEP, brings the ancient teachings of Kundalini Yoga into modern medicine. She has taught Kundalini Yoga since 1971 and began to teach people with chronic or life-threatening illness in 1986, during the AIDS epidemic. She is founding director of the Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology, with the mission to bring Kundalini Yoga into healthcare. She is a Certified Kundalini Yoga Therapist and a Medical Family therapist. Dr. Khalsa is a charter member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists and served on the team that developed IAYT Educational Standards for Yoga Therapy Training. She developed and directs the accredited 1,120-hour Kundalini Yoga Therapy Professional Training, in 48 countries. Her Kundalini Yoga program for people living with HIV is featured in the book, Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall, MD. And her groundbreaking work in Kundalini Yoga Therapy is in Yoga Therapy and Integrative Medicine: Where Ancient Science Meets Modern Medicine.
- Jai Dev Singh KhalsaJai Dev Singh is a yogi and Kundalini Yoga teacher. His innovative Yoga and Ayurveda courses have been studied by thousands of people throughout the world. His flagship teachings are offered through The Complete Course of Ayurveda, The Radiant Body Home Course, Unlocking the Life Force, The Sweetest Love, and The Life-Force Academy. Jai Dev Singh is a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist and previously served as the Clinical Director at the California College of Ayurveda, as well as the director of the college’s Pancha Karma Center. Jai Dev Singh is a partner at Floracopeia, Inc.
- Hari Simran KhalsaHari Simran was born into a family of Kundalini Yogis and has been a student of Yogi Bhajan’s since her early childhood. She was educated in India from KG through high school where she practiced the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Kundalini yoga and yogic living on a daily basis. It was there that she was trained and received her Kundalini Yoga teacher’s certification. Hari Simran went on to earn a Bachelors Degree in International Business from the College of Santa Fe and then further developed her experiences in India and her knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine at the California College of Ayurveda. She is currently practicing as a clinical ayurvedic specialist and healer in Santa Monica, CA. Hari Simran’s Yoga classes are energetic, welcoming and inspiring. In each class she brings together the science of Yoga and Ayurveda as a complete system of healing. Students will experience the wisdom and power these teachings can bring to everyone in every stage of life.
- Rachel DoughertySat Siri Kaur is a trailblazing, next generation Kundalini Yoga teacher and trainer. She travels the world teaching Kundalini Yoga (in places like Bali, Maui, Mexico and India) and opened the first Kundalini Yoga studio in Sydney, Australia. A former ballet dancer with the Australian Ballet, Sat Siri Kaur has been practicing Yoga and Meditation for over twenty years and teaching Kundalini Yoga for fourteen. She was blessed to complete her Kundalini Yoga teacher training under the guidance of Yogi Bhajan in 2003. Sat Siri Kaur’s classes are open to all levels of practice – uplifting, challenging and healing at a very deep level. She has a unique ability to anchor the more esoteric qualities of this technology, bringing the tools into practical, everyday life. She believes it is everyone’s birthright to experience the peace, grace and blessings that awaken with daily Kundalini Yoga and meditation. Sat Siri Kaur currently resides in Los Angeles with her exuberant daughter Prem Kaur, who is of course her greatest teacher.
- Dr. Sat Bir
Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, Ph.D. is the Director of Yoga Research for the Yoga Alliance and the Kundalini Research Institute, a Research Associate at the Benson Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine, a Research Affiliate at the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, and an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He has conducted research on yoga and yoga therapy since 2001 and has been a practitioner/instructor of Kundalini Yoga since 1973. His research has evaluated yoga for insomnia, chronic stress, and anxiety-related disorders, and in workplace and public school settings. He works with the International Association of Yoga Therapists promoting yoga research as scientific director for the annual Symposium on Yoga Research and as editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Yoga Therapy. He is medical editor of the Harvard Medical School Special Report Introduction to Yoga, and chief editor of the medical textbook The Principles and Practice of Yoga in Health Care.
- Sat Mitar KhalsaSat Mitar Khalsa currently oversees the financial duties for Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology. For the last 20 years, she has run her own financial consulting services company, Shuniyaa Financial Services, which specializes in providing custom tailored, professional financial services to her clients. In her spare time, she enjoys cooking, hiking and spending time with her family and community.
Guru Ram Das Center for Medicine & Humanology
P.O. Box 1926
Espanola, New Mexico 87532
P.O. Box 1926
Espanola, New Mexico 87532